We aim to
- Make our worship inclusive and welcoming to all
- Share with others in responding to human need locally, nationally and world wide
- Be challenged by the spirit of God as we learn and grow together in faith and service
We will do this by
- Developing our church buildings as places of worship, prayer, fellowship and service
- Supporting and working with our young people
- Reaching out into our community, particularly through prayer and flower ministry and strengthening links with our hall users
- Offering opportunities for learning and fellowship
- Supporting the caring work of our community
- e.g. Marie Curie, City Centre Basement Drop-in, Centre 56 Women and Children's Refuge
- Supporting organisations worldwide that work for justice and peace
We are committed to making our faith known by word and action and in this modern world that means using modern technology to reach as many people as possible. We now have a church Facebook page, St James Church Woolton, can we encourage those of you that use this social media site to 'like' and then invite others to the page. Please share events that are happening at St James with others. If you have any events happening either the one off's or the regulars, then let us know and they can be mentioned on the page.
We believe that spiritual and secular life in any community should be more closely linked now than ever before and recently St James' underwent a major program of repair and modernisation so that we can take part in witness and as part of Woolton's 21st century village life. After successful completion of the refurbishment we can now operate within the community as a comfortable place where village business people can take lunch and enjoy a time of quiet reflection; a child-friendly place where pre-school and school age children can hold special events when their usual venues have limited capacity; an inspiring spiritual space for our uniformed organisations to carry out appropriate parts of their programmes and provide a flexible space for initiatives in our Mission Priorities (e.g. Messy Church and Café Church).